Replacing the Thermostat in a Kenmore Series 90 Dryer (Electric) Made by Whirlpool
- Step 1: Parts and Tools.
- Step 2: Unplug the Dryer and Remove the Lint Trap.
- Step 3: Remove the Access Panel.
- Step 4: Remove the Duct.
- Step 5: Remove the Blower Shroud.
- Step 6: Replace the Thermostat.
- Step 7: Thermostat.
How do you change a thermal fuse on a kenmore 90 series dryer?
How to Change the Fuses in the Kenmore 90 Series Dryer
- Unplug the dryer’s power cord from the electrical outlet.
- Loosen the screw on the vent clamp.
- Unscrew and remove the screws along the edge of the back panel of the dryer.
- Lift the back panel off of the unit to expose the fuse within the Kenmore dryer.
- Unhook the two wires that connect to the thermal fuse.
where is the dryer thermostat located?
Since the thermostats are located in the rear of the dryer cabinet, it is necessary to give yourself plenty of space behind the unit when making the repairs. This requires you to unplug the dryer from the outlet and pull it away from the wall.What causes dryer thermostat failure?
A dryer will blow a thermal fuse if it’s close to overheating. Each time the thermal fuse blows it can interfere with a thermostat’s function and cause it to go bad, too. Generally, a dryer’s cycling thermostats will constantly cycle as a dryer’s temperature rises to the level that overheating may occur.